The OVNI 450 is the new version of the OVNI 445, of which already 46 units have been built since the first one in 2008. Marc Lombard, who designed the original plans of this amazing lifting keel, has thought of new elements to give it a new youth.
On the same hull underbody of the OVNI 445, the OVNI 450 will have a wider rear skirt with flat flooring and an open access to the cockpit. It will be equipped with twin helm stations, bigger fixed hull portholes and a straighter stem. There will also be a bow nose that will include the bow roller, a bigger opening porthole for the storage locker and a more designed anchor pulpit.
Various options of the 445 will become standard on the 450, like the Staron cockpit table or the S/S ladder integrated to the swim platform, among others.
OVNI 450 Specs
- Architect: Marc LOMBARD
- Length overall: 13.80 m | 45.28'
- Hull length: 13.95 m | 45.76'
- Length at waterline: 12.70 m | 41.66'
- Maximum beam: 4.29 m | 14.07'
- Draught with centerboard up: 2.90 m | 9.51'
- Draught centerboard down: 1.05 m | 3.44'
- Displacement: 11 550 kg | 25463.391 lbs
- Ballast weight: 3 725 kg | 8,212.219 lbs
- Water tanks: 540 litres | 142.653 gallons
- Fuel tanks: 2 x 250 litres | 2x 66 gallons
- Sail area on the wind: 95,50 sqm
- Main sail:43.50 sqm | 142.71 ft2
- Genoa: 52 m2 | 170.6 ft2
- Staysail: 25 m2 | 82.02 ft2
- Engines:Volvo D2-50 shaft drive (36.5 kW)
- C.E. approval: A