THE NEW CIGALE 18
The new CIGALE 18, a fast blue water sailing fin keel boat, benefits from the entire ALUBAT expertise.
This 100% aluminum sailing boat, designed by Marc Lombard, includes all the qualities of the first version while offering 2 meters of additional space and power. The dimensions, 18,24m x 5,18m and the aft panoramic saloon provide an even greater comfort, much appreciated while sailing.
It is available in 3 or 4 cabin version and in lifting keel version.
With its refined lines and its modern interior design, the new CIGALE 18 definitely represents a new generation of fast fin keel boats dedicated to blue water sailing and oceanic travels.
It is equipped with a carbon bow sprit & mast, of double rudders and a 245sqm gennacker. As for the new CIGALE 16, the deck is completely cleared with a flush deck. It was designed to be distinguished and elegant. Finally, the fact that the thickness of the aluminum will not change even when the boat is bigger, the new CIGALE 18 has an even more performing weight/length ratio.
CIGALE 18 Specs
- Architect: Marc LOMBARD
- Doubles rudders: yes
- Rudderstocks and rudders in aluminium: yes
- Length over all: 18.24 m | 59.84'
- Length at waterline: 17.42 m | 57.15'
- Maximum beam: 5.18 m | 16.99'
- Draught: 2.85 m | 9.35'
- Air draught: 26.46 m | 86.81'
- Light displacement: 15 500 kg
- Ballast weight: 5 tons
- Water tanks: 2x 230 L | 2x 61 gallons
- Fuel tanks: 2x 275 L | 2x 73 gallons
- Sail area on the wind: 155 m2 | 1,668 ft2
- Mainsail: 84 m2 | 904 ft2
- Genoa: 86 m2 | 926 ft2
- Staysail: 50 m2 | 538 ft2
- Spi: 220 m2 | 2,368 ft2
- Gennacker: 135 m2 | 1,453 ft2
- C.E. approval class: A