THE ALUBAT 58
This 17m80 ketch was designed for those who are not willing to make any concession as far as comfort is concerned during their circumnavigation.
In either fin keel or ballasted lifting keel, the ALUBAT 58 can be easily tamed by two persons. Its softness and efficiency at sea come in addition to the safety of its very well protected central cockpit towards which all the manoeuvres come back to. Its interior in blond teak is both generous and luxurious: the vast saloon is design for long ocean crossings and the beautiful master cabin has its own bathroom with a separate shower.
Regarding the technical equipment, it is all in one accessible engine room for easy maintenance.
ALUBAT 58 Specs
- Architect: Philippe BRIAND
- Length overall: 17.84 m
- Hull length: 17.69 m
- Maximum beam: 5.12 m
- Draught (fin keel version): 2.35 m
- Draught (lifting keel version): 1.35 / 2.95 m
- Light displacement (fin keel/lifting keel): 23 500 kg / 25 000 kg
- Ballast (fin keel version): 8 500 kg
- Ballast (lifting keel version): 9 200 kg
- Sail area on the wind (cutter): 168 m2
- Main sail: 59 m2
- Genoa: 82 m2
- Staysail: 45 m2
- Asymmetrical spinnaker: 135 m2
- Spinnaker: 200 m2
- E.U. approval class : A